1. Please, do not let Hockey game fans park in the QE parking lot during Nutcracker performance times. It made impossible for many people to find parking in the area, and caused many being late. Is unfair to those who paid for the performance and has to look elsewhere, while hockey funs were taking parking spots, that should have been given legitimately to those who came for the actual QE performance. 2. Kids and youth and supportive dancers where great, composition great, orchestra amazing, however the leading dancers were mediocre comparing to previous performances. Although they were mechanically proficient, the moves were performed heavily, with stain, showing on their faces. I danced ballet & choreography for seven years, it is not an easy task to master. Any dance is not just well polishes sequence of mechanical moves, but soul and ease that flows naturally. There was no such thing in the main dance of this performance.
- Current Location
- 2023-12-14Thursday 07:30 p.m.Vancouver, BCQueen Elizabeth TheatreGoh Ballet's The Nutcracker
- 2023-12-15Friday 07:30 p.m.Vancouver, BCQueen Elizabeth TheatreGoh Ballet's The Nutcracker
- 2023-12-16Saturday 02:00 p.m.Vancouver, BCQueen Elizabeth TheatreGoh Ballet's The Nutcracker
- 2023-12-16Saturday 07:30 p.m.Vancouver, BCQueen Elizabeth TheatreGoh Ballet's The Nutcracker
- 2023-12-17Sunday 02:00 p.m.Vancouver, BCQueen Elizabeth TheatreGoh Ballet's The Nutcracker
I was so delighted to enjoy this beautiful ballet with my daughter, mother and sister. We all thought it was delicate, beautiful and dreamy. Definitely a true gem.
Went to a matinee performance for the first time, will not do that again, too many people and it was so hot that we were sweating just sitting in our seats. This year during the opening party scene I found it to be in very poor taste to depict a Russian dancing bear since the process of training a “dancing” bear involves a great deal of animal suffering. Once trained, the bears are controlled by a cord placed through a hole in the nose and upper palates of their mouths and, to reduce the chance of a bite, the teeth are smashed out. Exploiting animals for entertainment should not be normalized and taught to children, it was very disappointing to see.
Performance was great. However the staff at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre let in many late guests throughout the first half of the performance. It was very distracting and I found I could not concentrate or enjoy the first half of the show due to this. There needs to be stricter policies regarding late guests.
The dancers were amazingly talented. The little ones were adorable. The music was exceptional. And the storytelling in the dance was a pure delight!
Celebrate holidays with your beloved friends or family, you won’t miss it.
I had the chance to attend the Nutcracker Ballet at QET for an incredible show! Just before the Christmas period, this tale brought back memories of childhood with its lovely melodies and decorations. The dancers are exceptional.
The tickets were a birthday gift for my daughter. She wanted to see the Nutcracker again. She, my son-in-law and l enjoyed every minute of the performance. We were glad that the GOH ballet performed. Their great imagination, the enthusiasm of all the dancers, the wonderful costumes, all to Tchaikovsky's music, was breathtaking. Thank you, GOH
Loved the performance! I went with my daughter who’s five years old. It was a bit long for her but perfect for adults.
Well organized , lots of lovely details before the show From the different photo booth ,free 30min class for kids to the last minut gifts every thing was perfect! Loved the show abd so my 7years old daughter!